Winter Sports Travel Insurance
Protect your valuable ski or boarding equipment with the Winter Sports Upgrade – cover for up to 17 days per annual travel insurance policy or for the duration of a single trip policy.
Protect yourself on the slopes
When you're out on the slopes, the last thing you need to worry about is a fall or damage to your expensive equipment; this is where Admiral Winter Sports Travel Insurance add-on comes into play.
You must add our Winter Sports Upgrade to any of our travel insurance policies - Admiral, Admiral Gold, or Admiral Platinum - when getting a quote if you plan on taking part in winter sports activities.
Snow lovers can have peace of mind knowing that we cover a whole host of sports including skiing, snowboarding, glacier skiing, big foot skiing, snowmobiling and tobogganing. Please check your policy booklet for a complete list of all activities we cover.
It even covers adventurous off-piste skiers and boarders as long as it’s on recognised paths within resort boundaries, accompanied by a qualified guide or instructor.
Does the Winter Sports Travel Insurance Upgrade protect my equipment?
You can insure against damage to your own, or hired, equipment. The Winter Sports upgrade will cover up to a maximum £500 or £1,000 worth of equipment (depending on whether you choose, Admiral, Admiral Gold or Admiral Platinum tier).
It also pays up to £25 (per complete 24 hours) towards the cost of hiring replacements (up to a maximum £250 per person), if yours is delayed more than 12 hours following your arrival at your destination or is lost, stolen or damaged during your trip.
What else is covered?
Our Winter Sports upgrade will help you out if an unforeseen slope closure happens during your break and protects against delays caused by an avalanche (cover limits apply).
Here's what's covered with our Winter Sports add-on
You'll get all the standard protection included in our single trip and annual policies against things like lost or stolen luggage as well as medical expenses. Plus these winter sports benefits are covered by the upgrade:
Lost, stolen or damaged ski equipment
(single article limits apply, up to)
(Per complete 24 hrs)
Delay caused by avalanche
(travel & accommodation)
Replacement equipment hire
(Per complete 24 hours)
What happens if my skiing or snowboarding holiday is cancelled?
Depending on the level of cover you choose – Admiral, Admiral Gold or Admiral Platinum – you could receive up to £5,000 to cover the costs of your trip, in the in the unfortunate event of it being cancelled for any of the following reasons:
- Death, illness, injury or complications of pregnancy or childbirth of you, your travel companion, close relative, close business associate or anyone outside your home area you planned to stay with
- Court cases and quarantine if you or your travel companion, or anyone outside your home area you planned to stay with, is quarantined, called for jury service or as a witness and a court official refuses to postpone
- Unemployment if you or your travelling companion is made redundant from the company you’ve worked at continuously for at least two years
- Armed forces and emergency services if you or your travel companion has authorised leave cancelled due to an unexpected emergency
- Home damage you or your travel companion have to stay at home if it’s seriously damaged by a fire, storm or flood or is burgled within seven days of your departure
- Passport or visa your passport or visa is stolen in a burglary at your home in the seven days before your departure and you’re unable to get a replacement in time