What does the Gadget Travel Insurance add-on cover?
We'll cover the following gadgets if they were bought new by the policyholder, or if they’re refurbished, bought directly from the manufacturer:
- Audio visual/television equipment
- Gaming consoles
- Electronic book readers (Kindles)
- Mobile phones
Single item limit
Maximum number of gadgets per claim
Unauthorised calls or data downloads (Mobile Phones only)
Whether you choose to add Gadget Cover to your Admiral Gold or Platinum Travel Insurance, we'll pay up to £1,000 for any three gadgets that are lost, stolen or damaged in one trip. (Unavailable on Admiral tier)
Buying gadget cover will let you claim for specific electronic devices without affecting the amount of cover available to you under the Personal Belongings section of the policy.
The Personal Belongings section of the policy covers up to £1,000 for Admiral, £1,500 for Admiral Gold and £2,500 for Admiral Platinum (subject to single item limits - £200 on Admiral, £300 on Admiral Gold and £400 on Admiral Platinum)
If your mobile phone is lost or stolen and is used fraudulently, we'll pay up to the policy limit for any calls, messages or data usage in the first 24 hours after it was discovered missing.
Make sure your gadgets are covered
Taking your gadgets on holiday is an absolute must for most people. Whether it's your camera to capture and keep the best moments of your trip, your laptop or tablet to keep you occupied on the plane or your mobile to keep you connected to the world back home, most of us take a lot of tech with us on holiday.
By adding our Gadget Travel Insurance upgrade to your Admiral holiday insurance, you can rest assured your prized possessions are properly protected whether you’re on the beach or hitting the slopes.
How do I get a quote?
How do I make a claim?
If you need to make a claim on your travel insurance and it’s not an emergency, call our claims team on 0333 234 9914 between 8am and 8pm Monday – Friday, or between 9am and 4pm Saturday. We're closed Sundays and Bank Holidays.
If you're claiming for lost, stolen or accidentally damaged gadgets you must:
- Report any loss or theft to the police or your transport operator within 24 hours of discovering it and get a police report
- Get a Property Irregularity Report from your transport operator if your gadgets were lost or stolen while in their care
- Remember to contact your network provider to blacklist your phone if it’s lost or stolen and ask for an itemised bill to prove any fraudulent use
- Provide receipts for any gadgets you are claiming for