Family Legal Protection
Expert legal help and up to £100,000 worth of legal costs
You can add Family Legal Protection when you get a quote for Home Insurance
What is Family Legal Protection?
Family Legal Protection will protect you and your family if you find yourselves in a difficult situation. Issues such as property or employment disputes, personal injury and personal identity theft are all covered as long as the event happens after your policy has started. Please note there is a waiting period before certain areas of cover can be activated. As long as your claim is likely to succeed, we'll provide you with expert legal help and up to £100,000 worth of legal costs to help give you the support and advice you need.
What does family legal protection cover?
- Consumer pursuit Costs to pursue a legal action following a breach of a contract you have for buying or renting goods or services
- Consumer defence Costs to defend a legal action brought against you following a breach of a contract you have for selling goods
- Motor contract disputes We will help you with contract disputes relating to the sale or purchase of goods or services relating to a vehicle
- Personal injury We'll cover the costs for legal action for financial compensation for damages after an accident
- Employment disputes We'll help you pursue a legal action brought before an employment tribunal
- Property infringement We'll cover the costs for legal action if there is any nuisance or trespass in relation to your home
- Property damage We'll help you take legal action for financial compensation against a person or organisation that has caused damaged to your home
- Tax If you're subject to an HM Revenue and Customs full enquiry you will be covered for the costs incurred by an accountant
- Probate If there is a dispute involving the will of your parents, grandparents, children, step-children or adopted children the costs to pursue legal action is taken care of
- Personal identify theft If you're a victim of identity theft we'll be there to help you
- Vehicle cloning Covers you for costs in legal action arising from use of the vehicle's identity without your permission
- Motor Insurance Database disputes Resulting in incorrect information about you or your vehicle being recorded on that database
- 24 hour helpline Access to a 24 hour legal advice helpline for advice on any private legal problem
What are the benefits of Family Legal Protection?
- Cover up to £100,000 for legal costs
- No excess to pay
- Cover for any loss of income if you have to take time off work for jury service as long as these costs are not recoverable from either your employee or the court.
Who does family legal cover protect?
The policy covers you and family members at the same address who are either:
- Spouse, civil or co-habiting partner and any children
- Parents of the policyholder
- Brothers and sisters of the policyholder
How do I get Family Legal Protection?
You can take out Family Legal Protection when you buy your home insurance with Admiral, either online, or when you speak to one of our advisors.
If you choose to take out Admiral or Admiral Gold home insurance, Family Legal Protection can be added as a Policy Upgrade.
If you choose Admiral Platinum, Family Legal Protection is included as standard in the policy.
You can read more about Admiral Family Legal Protection in our downloadable PDF documents .