Landlord Insurance

Protecting your property and investment

The right landlord insurance policies will protect you against everything from tenants failing to pay their rent to accidental damage caused to your rental properties.

Admiral Landlord Insurance Coming Soon

We are currently working on our new Landlord Insurance, please check back soon and keep an eye on Facebook or Twitter for more information on its launch.

Protecting you from the unexpected

If you've paid out for work on your home you know just how expensive it can be, and for a landlord with multiple properties the bill can be even higher.

Flexible landlord buildings and contents cover can protect single properties and portfolios, whether you are renting out personally or using a letting agency.

This type of cover is available on all residential property types including detached, semi-detached and terraced houses, flats and maisonettes, whether freehold or leasehold.

What does landlord insurance offer?

If you are earning an income from a property that you are letting out to a tenant you will be classified as a business, so standard home insurance will not cover you.

A standard home insurance policy will not give you the level of cover you need; your buy-to-let property needs specialist cover to protect the structure itself, any contents you leave at the property while it’s being rented out and, should you wish, the income you earn as a landlord.

Landlord insurance can offer:

  • Cover for properties let to professionals, students and DWP including couples, families and single tenants.
  • Rent guarantee - cover for loss of rent if your property becomes uninhabitable due to damage or an accident

You can also choose to add optional cover for extra peace of mind:

  • Cover for accidental damage caused by tenants
  • Malicious damage by tenant cover
  • Legal cover – help with legal fees should a case be taken to court by you or the tenant
  • Emergency assistance - 24hr emergency call outs covering plumbing, gas or electricity failure, security to windows, doors and roofing, hot water failure, vermin, central heating or boiler failure

As with all insurance, landlord insurance is there to protect you from the unexpected and make sure your buy-to-let property and investment is in good hands.

While it’s not a legal requirement like car insurance, protecting the most expensive thing you’ve ever bought could save you a lot of money in the long run.

Landlord liability insurance

While it is a landlord’s responsibility to make sure their properties are safe for tenants, accidents do happen. Should someone injure themselves at a property you are renting out, you will be covered with liability insurance.

It will also protect you should you get a tenant or visitor who decides to sue you if they were involved in an accident, or had any of their possessions damaged, at your property.

Will landlord insurance cover me for subsidence?

Landlord insurance can provide cover for subsidence, however, you must declare if your property has a history of subsidence when getting a quote. An inspection of the property will take place in order to establish the risk of further damage before a price is given.

Your questions answered

We're sure you'll love our great insurance products but maybe you have a few questions. You can find answers in this section.

Do I need contents insurance as a landlord?

If you rent out a furnished property you can cover your contents under a landlord insurance policy so you don’t need to take out separate cover. This specialist cover will protect any contents you’ve left at the property while it’s being rented.

Do I need buildings insurance when buying to let?

It is a landlord’s responsibility to insure the building, not the tenant’s so you will need to arrange buildings cover. This comes as standard with a landlord insurance policy.

Show Hide