Van Insurance

5 Star Rated Comprehensive Policies

5 stars Get a quote Retrieve a quote Phone for a quote
rated 5 star defaqto rated 5 star defaqto

5 Star Van Insurance from Admiral

5 Star expert rated Van Insurance from Admiral

Our Comprehensive cover has Defaqto's highest 5 Star rating.

Great reasons to choose Admiral Van Insurance

All types of vans

All types of vans

Admiral offers insurance for small, transit and larger vans up to 3.5 tonnes.

14 million happy customers

14 million happy customers

The Admiral Group has served millions of policies to millions of happy customers. They can't all be wrong.

Flexible insurance

Flexible insurance

Choose Comprehensive, Third Party, Fire & Theft or Third Party Only and get a great deal.

What can I expect from Admiral Van?

We know the importance of great customer service. It is our priority to save you time and money while providing you with the right cover to suit your needs.

Top 10 vans

Van Insurance - sometimes called commercial van insurance or business van insurance - is the cover you need to keep your business running smoothly.

We cover hundreds of different vans but these are the most popular.

Ford Transit

Vauxhall Vivaro

Renault Trafic

Mercedes Sprinter

VW Transporter

Citroën Berlingo

VW Caddy

Mercedes Vito

Vauxhall Combo

Vauxhall Astravan

Which type of cover is right for me?

We have four levels of cover for you to choose from - Social, Social and Commuting, Own Goods and Haulage.


If you only plan on using your van for personal trips and not to commute, Social cover could be the best option for you. This cover is perfect if you plan to use your van for leisure activities that require a bit more space such as surfing and fishing.

Social and Commuting

If you will use your van to travel to work as well as for personal day to day trips, you will need Social and Commuting cover. You will be covered for travelling to and from a single place of work.

Own Goods

Tradesmen such as builders, carpenters and plumbers who use their van in connection with their business will need Own Goods cover. This cover will also suit people who need to drive between more than one place of work such as social workers or classroom assistants.

If you use a van to transport tools, stock or merchandise then you may want to look at our Goods and Tools policy upgrade, similar to Goods in Transit insurance. It's a higher level of contents cover which specifically covers the contents of your van. It will help you to recover costs if the van's contents are stolen or damaged.


If you use your van to deliver third party goods you will need Haulage insurance. This is perfect for couriers or furniture removers who earn money by using their van for deliveries of third party goods.

Crammed with features and benefits

When you're comparing van quotes, it’s not all about choosing the insurer offering cheap van insurance - price shouldn't be your main deciding factor. You need to look at what's actually included in the price. Our comprehensive policies include these features and benefits as standard.

Windscreen Repair

Policyholders are eligible for the repair and replacement of windscreens (excess applies).

Courtesy Van

Use of a courtesy van whilst your van is being repaired at an Admiral approved garage.

European Cover

Up to 90 days' cover in Europe so you can enjoy a driving holiday in France without having to arrange extra cover.

Stereo Cover

Unlimited cover for your vehicles standard, permanantly fitted audio or visual equipment.

£5,000 Personal Injury Cover

Get £5,000 of personal injury cover for you and your spouse.

Named Driver No Claims Bonus

Any Named Driver could earn themselves an Admiral No Claims Bonus for use with Admiral policies.

Sat-Nav and Personal Belongings Cover

If your personal belongings or effects are damaged or stolen while in your van, we'll pay up to £150 to help you replace them.

24 Hour Emergency Helpline

Comprehensive and third party, fire & theft customers can call if they have an incident and we're liable for the damage.

Bonus Match

Insure a second van with us and, in most cases, we'll match your No Claims Bonus on that vehicle as well.

What do I need to get a van insurance quote?

Before you start your insurance quote, you’ll need to have a few details about your van to hand including the type of van, driver’s personal details and driving history. Once you’ve decided what type of cover you need, hit the quote button below and have the following details ready:

  • Van registration number and details
    We'll need to know the number of seats, details of when you bought the van and if it has any security features
  • Driver details
    Here we'll ask for the driver's name, address, job and driving history - things like claims and motoring offences
  • Type of cover
    You'll need to know what type of cover you want for your commercial van as well as your estimated mileage and where the van will be kept overnight

The technical stuff

Just like car insurance, you will need to decide whether you want Comprehensive, Third Party, Fire & Theft cover or Third Party Only cover.


Comprehensive cover is the most complete insurance you can buy; it includes Third Party, Fire & Theft and will pay out to repair or replace your van if it's damaged in an accident or suffers malicious damage.

If you don't feel you need comprehensive cover for your van, you can choose between Third Party, Fire & Theft or Third Party Only cover.

Third Party, Fire & Theft

You may feel Third Party, Fire & Theft is enough cover for you - it protects your van from damage caused by fire or theft but not if your van's damaged in another way such as a crash. However, Admiral will pay out to a third party if you're involved in an incident.

Third Party Only

This is the minimum cover you can get and will protect you if you cause damage to someone's property or you injure them while driving. Third Party Only cover will also protect your passengers if they suffer an injury while they're in your van. This type of cover will not pay out if your van is stolen or damaged in a fire.

Have you got more than one van?

If you have more than one van, adding them all onto one policy could help save you money on your insurance. Take the hassle out of remembering all your vehicles' renewal dates by adding all your vans onto the same policy and they will all renew on the same date.

And best of all, each van you add gets its own discount.

Optional Extras



Motor Legal Protection


and Tools

Hire Vehicle Cover

You don't need to stay off the road if your van is written off or stolen - get back behind the wheel with Admiral Hire Vehicle.

We'll replace your van with a similar size vehicle (up to 3.5 tonnes and 7 seats) for up to 21 days. And you needn't worry about collecting the van - we'll deliver it to your door complete with £15 complimentary fuel.

Plus, all named drivers with a full licence are covered to drive the hire vehicle, excesses may apply.

If you can manage without a replacement van, you can choose to have a £250 alternative.

Policy Documents

Please ensure you choose the PDF associated with your product's start date. You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view these files. You can download it for free from the Adobe website.

Personal Injury

At Admiral, we like to give our customers plenty of options so they get the policy which best suits them. Personal Injury provides two great levels of cover to choose between: Personal Injury Cover for up to £50,000 cover or Personal Injury Plus Cover for up to £100,000 cover.

No matter which level you feel is right for you, you and your named drivers will benefit from the same great features:

  • Accidental death - Up to £50,000 or £100,000 cover against accidental death while in the insured van
  • Serious injury - Up to £50,000 or £100,000 cover against serious injury while in the insured van
  • Minor injuries - Protection against minor injuries like fractures and burns
  • Daily hospital payment - We'll pay £200 or £400 for each 24-hour stay in hospital if you're admitted or treated at A&E for an injury as a result of an accident in the insured van

Policy Documents

Please ensure you choose the PDF associated with your product's start date. You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view these files. You can download it for free from the Adobe website.

Motor Legal Protection

If you take out Motor Legal Protection alongside your Admiral Van Insurance policy, you'll get up to £100,000 of legal costs covered if you're involved in a non-fault accident and your claim is likely to succeed.

Protect yourself against losses not covered elsewhere such as your excess and personal injury.

You'll also have 24/7 access to a free Legal Advice Helpline, available 365 days a year, when you purchase Motor Legal Protection with us.

Policy Documents

Please ensure you choose the PDF associated with your product's start date. You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view these files. You can download it for free from the Adobe website.

Breakdown Cover

If you breakdown anywhere in the UK, rest assured you'll be picked up by one of our friendly rescue team - 24/7 response 365 days a year with Admiral Breakdown Cover.

We offer three levels of cover so you can choose which level best suits your needs:



Plus Cover

Plus Cover

Unlimited UK Roadside Assistance Callouts




Unlimited UK Nationwide Recovery

Within 10 miles of breakdown



Home assist
(6 per policy term within a 1/4 of a mile from your home)




Unlimited European Rescue Callouts




No matter which of our great levels you choose, you'll enjoy a number of benefits as standard:

  • Rapid response time - 42 minutes for 2016
  • Misfuelling cover - as long as you don't intentionally start the engine once you've noticed you've filled up with the wrong fuel, your tank will be drained at the roadside. If it's unsafe to drain the tank on the roadside, we'll take you to a garage for the work to be carried out.
  • Emergency Accommodation - if your van can't be repaired the same day, we'll pay up to £150 per person towards the cost of one night's accommodation in the event of a breakdown and your van is being repaired (up to a maximum of £600)


  • UK Onward Travel Allowance - if your van can't be repaired the same day, we'll pay up to £500 towards the cost of alternative transport

Our Breakdown cover also includes a trailer and caravan recovery service (up to 23 feet).

Policy Documents

Please ensure you choose the PDF associated with your product's start date. You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view these files. You can download it for free from the Adobe website.

Goods and Tools

The Goods and Tools policy upgrade gives you extra peace of mind that the contents of your van are covered.

We have four levels of cover to suit your needs - £1,000, £2,000, £4,000 and £6,000; so if your van's contents such as tools, materials and stock are stolen or damaged in a traffic collision or fire you can make a claim to help you recover costs. The level you choose will be the maximum paid out (£100 excess applies).

Policy Documents

Please ensure you choose the PDF associated with your product's start date. You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view these files. You can download it for free from the Adobe website.

Need to make a claim?

Call our claims line

LittleBox is now available for vans

Van owners can now enjoy all the benefits of Admiral LittleBox - including free theft tracking

Find out more

Five years and counting.
2018 Best Car Insurance Provider.