Your questions answered
What type of cover is the offer available on?
The offer is available to anyone buying Admiral Car Insurance
Can anyone get the refund?
If you buy car insurance through this page, you’ll get the offer. It’s open to new and existing customers who buy a new policy and need to cancel another.
How much will I get?
We’ll reimburse the cancellation fee when you leave your current provider. This amount varies between each company. We’ll let you know how much you’ll be getting once you fill out the form on this page.
How will I get the refund?
The refund will be transferred through PayPal and will take up to four weeks from the date your new Admiral policy starts. If you don’t have a PayPal account, you’ll need to set one up to get the refund.
If I take out more than one policy, will I get the cancellation fee reimbursed for each one?
We'll reimburse the cancellation fee for any car policy you cancel and move to Admiral.
What about my No Claims Bonus?
If you were three or more months or into an insurance term, you'll be rounded up to a full year's No Claims Bonus.
Are there any exclusions for products?
Yes, the cancellation refund is not available for Travel, Home and Pet policies currently.
How do I get my money?
You could earn up to £75 with us, depending on what product you decided to purchase with Admiral. Your friend, who referred you, could choose to split, keep or reward you with all of the money. You will receive this via PayPal within 90 days of purchasing a policy with us.
Cancellation fee refund terms and conditions
- Admiral (The “Promoter”) is a trading name of EUI Limited, (Company Number 02686904) whose registered office is at Ty Admiral, David Street, Cardiff, CF10 2EH.
- This refund promotion (the “Promotion”) is open to all individuals (including customers who are employees of the Promoter, their families, agents and any third party) who: (i) purchase a new Admiral motor insurance policy; or (ii) add an additional vehicle (car or van) to their existing Admiral insurance policy.
- UK residents and applicants over the age of 17 only are eligible and the Promotion is paid subject to status.
- All eligible policyholders will receive a refund for the cancellation fee they paid to their previous insurer (the “Refund”). This will include the cancellation fee paid for ancillary products provided they are included with their new Admiral insurance policy.
- All policies must be purchased via the Promotion landing page (www.admiral.com/cancellationfeerefund) for new customers or by telephone, quoting “CXX” for existing customers upgrading to MultiCar or MultiCover.
- Quotes accepted via price comparison websites will not be eligible for the Refund.
- The Refund will not be paid if a saved or retrieved quote is used to purchase a policy.
- The Promoter does not provide advice on product suitability and cannot check whether the level of cover on its policies is comparable to the one being cancelled.
- Policyholders who were 3 months or more into a previous insurance policy term will be rounded up to a full year’s no claims bonus.
- Should the policyholder cancel at any point during the 14-day cancellation period, the Promoter’s standard cancellation terms will apply, and the policyholder will no longer qualify for the Refund. Policyholders who cancel after the cooling off period, will be subject to the Promoter’s mid-term cancellation terms. This will include the loss of Refund for policyholders with multiple vehicles removing a vehicle mid-term.
- The Promotion begins on 1st July 2020 and will be applicable until further notice. The Promoter reserves the right to withdraw the Promotion at any point.
- The Refund will not be paid in conjunction with any other offer, voucher or discount code unless listed on this page. The Refund will be paid in conjunction with Refer a Friend incentives
- Eligible policyholders will be notified by email, when their Refund is being processed and must have a Paypal account or be willing to set one up to receive the Refund. They will be contacted no later than four weeks after their Admiral insurance policy commences and the Refund will be paid to the email address held on the Promoter’s file, which cannot be changed from the account on file. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Paypal.
- This Promotion only applies to Admiral branded policies, not those in the Admiral Group. For the avoidance of doubt this includes consists of Ford Insure, AA, Diamond, Elephant and Bell.
- The Refund will not be paid to policyholders transferring across the Admiral Group brands
- The Refund will be paid after 14 days, so if a new vehicle is removed from the policyholder’s Admiral insurance policy within 14 days, the Refund will not apply.
- The decision of the Promoter regarding any aspect of the Promotion is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into about it.
- Eligible policyholders are deemed to have accepted and agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions upon entry. The Promoter reserves the right to refuse entry or refuse to award the refund to anyone in breach of these terms and conditions.
- The terms and conditions of this Promotion do not alter or vary the terms and conditions of any Admiral insurance policy which may be purchased.
- Applications for Admiral insurance policies provided are subject to its normal terms and conditions including its underwriting criteria. The Promoter reserves the right to decline any application for any insurance policy at its absolute discretion and is not obliged to disclose any reason for rejection. In these cases, the customer will not be eligible to receive the Refund.
- Any fraudulent activity or abuse relating to the receipt and use of the Refund may result in the forfeiture of the Refund and termination of the insurance policy.
- The Promoter reserves the right to hold void, cancel, suspend, or amend the Promotion where it becomes necessary to do so.
- Insofar as is permitted by law, the Promoter, its agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the policyholder or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the refund except where it is caused by the negligence of the Promoter, its agents or distributors or that of their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
- Personal data supplied during the course of this Promotion will only be processed as set out in the Promoter's Privacy Notice
- The Refund will only be paid for purchases made from within the United Kingdom
- The Promoter shall not be liable for any technical or computer failures of any kind that limit or prevent the customer from obtaining a car or van insurance quote, unless caused by the Promoter’s negligence.
- These terms and conditions are to be governed by English law and are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.