See the benefits of upgrading your Admiral Travel Insurance to include our Golf Travel Upgrade.
What is covered with Golf Travel Insurance?
Admiral Golf Travel Insurance covers your golf equipment, including clubs, if they are lost, stolen or damaged while you’re away. It also pays for replacement equipment hire and lost green fees if you can’t get out on the course.
The Golf extension isn't available on the Admiral tier, but you can add it to your Admiral Gold or Admiral Platinum policy to get the following benefits:
Damaged, lost, or stolen golf equipment
Replacement equipment hire
(£50 per complete 24 hrs)
Lost green fees
(£50 per complete 24 hrs)
Make sure your clubs are covered
Whether you have 18 holes pencilled in everyday or just a couple of rounds with your partner, Admiral Travel Insurance with our added Golf Upgrade offers the peace of mind you need before setting foot on the fairways.
If you're taking your own clubs why not add our Golf Travel Insurance Upgrade to your Admiral holiday insurance to know they're covered should anything happen to them.
Admiral Gold & Platinum levels of cover with the Golf Upgrade will pay a maximum of £1,500 if your equipment gets lost, stolen or damaged and we'll also pay a maximum of £500 (£50 per complete 24 hours) towards the cost of hiring replacement clubs.
If you're taken ill while playing golf, or you get injured, rest assured all levels of cover offer up to £50 per complete 24 hours for non-refundable green fees, up to a maximum of £500.
What happens if my golfing holiday is cancelled?
In the unfortunate event your golf trip is cancelled, you'll be covered for any of the following reasons, with Admiral Travel Insurance (regardless of whether you add the golf upgrade or not):
- Death, illness, injury or complications of pregnancy or childbirth of you, your travel companion, close relative, close business associate or anyone outside your home area you planned to stay with
- Court cases and quarantine if you or your travelling partner, or anyone outside your home area you planned to stay with, is quarantined, called for jury service or as a witness and the court refuses to reschedule
- Redundancy cover for you and your travelling partner if either is made redundant from the company you’ve been employed at continuously for at least 24 months
- Armed forces and emergency services if you or your travelling partner is a member of the British Armed Forces or the emergency services and has authorised leave cancelled due to an unexpected emergency
- Home damage you or your companion can’t travel if your home is burgled or seriously damaged by a fire, storm or flood within seven days of your departure
- Passport or visa your passport or visa is stolen in a burglary at your home in the seven days before your departure and you’re unable to get a replacement in time
Depending on the level of cover you choose – Admiral Gold or Admiral Platinum Cover – you’ll receive up to £5,000 to cover costs.
How do I get a quote?
Your questions answered
We're sure you'll love our great products but maybe you have a few questions. You can find answers in this section.
What golf equipment is covered with the upgrade?
We will pay up to the policy limits for any loss, theft or damage to the following equipment that you own: golf clubs, golf bags, golf shoes and a non-motorised golf trolley.
What’s covered under lost green fees?
We will pay up to £50 per day (maximum of £500) towards the daily allowance for non-refundable pre-paid green fees, golf equipment hire fees and tuition fees which are not used due to an accident injury or illness, and adverse weather causing the course to close.
How do I make a claim?
Call our claims team on 0333 234 9914 between 8am and 8pm Monday - Friday, or between 9am and 4pm Saturday. Closed Sundays and Bank Holidays.
If your equipment is stolen you must report it to the police within the first 24 hours.
It will help your claim if you can produce receipts for your golfing equipment, or a credit card or bank statement.
If you fall ill while you’re on holiday you must produce a doctor’s note if you are claiming for missed play due to ill health.