Admiral Stay at Home Refund
During the UK-wide Coronavirus lockdown, we were delighted to give back £110 million to our car and van insurance customers in recognition of them staying at home and driving less.
We automatically gave a £25 premium refund to all customers for each car and van we covered on 20 April 2020 – that’s a total of 4.4m vehicles.
We gave customers the refund to reflect that there were fewer cars on the road during the lockdown, and our customers drove less, which resulted in fewer insurance claims.
Other lockdown support
Besides the Admiral Stay at Home Refund, we also:
- Committed £80 million to reducing prices and supporting customers, NHS staff and the local community during the Coronavirus crisis
- Waived any motoring claims excess fees for NHS or emergency service workers
- Supported NHS volunteers by guaranteeing cover for customers using their vehicle to transport people, deliver medical supplies and equipment, or items to people who are self-isolating
- Set up the £4 million Admiral Support Fund for COVID-19 to provide funding and support in south Wales to the NHS, charities and support groups. Take a look at our Community & Sponsorship page to find out more about some of our donations
- Paid employees their full salary and didn’t furlough any staff using the UK Government’s scheme
A brief history of Admiral
Here are some of the stand-out moments since we started in 1993.Our milestones
The Admiral brand
Find out a little more about what we stand for.Our brand
Community & sponsorship
Community is important to us and we’re involved with a host of different initiatives and events – both big and small.Our community
Working for Admiral
From humble beginnings with 57 employees in Cardiff to over 11,000 staff in eight countries – what’s it like to work for Admiral?See for yourself
Real reviews from our customers
We’re proud of our products and service, but don’t just take our word for it.How we score