Tenants Insurance

Protect your valuables from the unexpected

If you’re living in or renting a shared-home or shared-flat, Tenants Insurance will provide you with protection and cover for the things you own.


What is Tenants Insurance?

Tenants Insurance provides you with peace of mind as it protects your contents from damage or theft by someone who you don’t live with while renting in a shared home or flat. Some landlords require their tenants to have some form of insurance, this cover is an ideal solution for a renter looking for tenants contents insurance.

Help around the clock

What if your laptop, tablet or one of your favourite electronics were to be stolen or damaged? Admiral's content insurance for tenants protects all your important stuff, should the worst happen. And with our 24 hour claims helpline, we’ll be here to provide help around the clock.

Some insurers may not offer policies which cover shared or communal spaces, but at Admiral we want to make sure that no matter what your living situation is, we can offer cover for your valuables.

Protection for your contents

While renting in a shared home or flat owned by a landlord, one of the most important things you’ll want to do is protect and cover your belongings. We understand that valuable items such as your bicycle, mobile phone, clothes and furniture are all important to you, which is why we now cover contents for those who live in a shared home or flat.

But do you know what the value of your contents is? Ensuring you have the right level of cover is important – over insuring could be costly and underinsuring the value of your contents could have consequences if you needed to make a claim.

Before getting a home insurance quote, make sure you have a good understanding of what your valuables are worth with our useful contents calculator.

Contents Calculator

Do you know how much your stuff is worth? Get an idea with our helpful contents calculator.


Accidental Damage cover

We all know that accidents happen. If you don’t have the right cover in place and an item of yours were to be damaged, you could be in for an expensive inconvenience. Imagine one of your favourite tech gadgets like your tablet or computer had a drink spilt on them? Are they protected?

With Accidental Damage cover, we’ll protect your valuables from the unexpected. Standard on our Platinum policies, Accidental Damage cover can also be added as an optional extra on our Admiral and Gold levels of cover.





Audiovisual Accidental Damage




Accidental Breakage Of Mirrors Or Glass




Full Contents Accidental Damage




Tenant Liability Insurance

Cover if your landlord’s fittings and fixtures are accidentally damaged while you’re living in the property and are legally liable. Accidents are sometimes unavoidable but that doesn’t mean you should be left short by paying for damage to your landlord’s property.

Common issues that are covered by Admiral include:

  • Accidental damage to windows, glass doors or mirrors
  • Damage to the bathroom suite
  • Water escaping from any fixed water tanks, pipes, fixed central heating units or domestic appliances such as dishwashers and washing machines

Some landlords make tenants liability a condition of the tenancy agreement, so make sure you read the agreement closely.

Tenant liability cover is included in Admiral Tenant Insurance as standard. Depending on which level of cover you choose, you’ll get up to £5,000, £10,000 or £20,000 worth of cover to pay damages, defence costs or expenses if any of the above happens during your tenancy.

Cover away from home

You may want to take some of your items outside of your home and you’ll want peace of mind that you’re covered regardless of where you are.

To have cover for your belongings outside of your home, you’ll need to add Personal Possession cover to your policy. Personal Possession cover will ensure that your items are covered worldwide on any of our three levels of cover, so if you want to take your tablet on holiday or your laptop to the local coffee shop, you’ll be covered.

Your questions answered

We're sure you'll love our great insurance products but maybe you have a few questions. You can find answers in this section.

Is my mobile phone covered?

You will be covered up to the limit as specified on the Tier you have selected to buy. Tier limits will be shown on your policy schedule.

If you require cover away from home then Personal Possession cover will need to be added to the policy.

Mobile phones are covered up to the amount shown on your policy schedule. We will cover the handset but not mobile phone charges, loss of airtime or any damage caused by liquids.

Are my housemates' items covered under my policy?

Your housemates' items will not be covered on your Contents Policy. They would need to purchase their own individual policy to ensure their items are covered.

Will it cover me if I miss my rent?

This policy would not cover this.

Is my laptop covered outside of my house?

If your laptop is worth less than £1000, you will need to add Personal Possessions cover to the policy to ensure it is covered away from home.

If your laptop is worth more than £1000, it will need to be added to the policy as a Specified Item and cover away from home selected.

Is my bike covered?

Inside the home any bike worth £350 or less is covered under the general contents. To have cover outside of the home, Personal Possessions cover would need to be added to the policy to cover bikes of £350 or less.

Bikes worth more than £350 will need to be added as a Specified Item on the policy and Cover Away from Home selected for cover outside of the home to ensure cover for bikes outside of the home.

More information can be found here.

Show Hide