Contact us: Van Insurance

In MyAccount you can:

In MyAccount you can view documents and payment details.

Log in to my account Register for my account

Extra support?

If you would like to contact us about a claim please see our claims page.

Customer Service

(Opening hours)


(Opening hours)

Extra support?

Our friendly team are waiting to handle any questions you have about our products or your policy.

If you would like to contact us about a claim please see our claims page.

Customer Service

0333 234 0198

(Call fees & opening hours)


0333 234 0078

(Call fees & opening hours)

Extra support?

Frequently Asked Questions

How do I make a windscreen claim?

Windscreen cover is included in Comprehensive policies as standard and is an additional option on other policies.

You need to call our approved repairer on to arrange an appointment. You can find their details here. Please take your Certificate of Motor Insurance with you.

If the glass is repaired you'll pay an excess of £25. If any glass is replaced, you'll have to pay an excess of £95. If you don't use our approved repairer the maximum we will pay out is £50

Can I add a van to a Multi-Car policy?

While a MultiCar policy is just for cars, you can insure cars and vans on our new MultiCover policy - you can even add your home! Take a look at

Does van insurance include European cover?

Yes, Admiral Van Insurance comprehensive cover includes up to 90 days' cover for driving in Europe as standard. 

Can I drive other vehicles under my van insurance?

No, the driving other vehicles extension is not available on van insurance.

Is my van insured?

The easiest way to do a van insurance check is to enter the number plate on the Motor Insurer's Database - it's free and tells you if your vehicle's insured as well as confirming the make and model. 

Is van insurance tax deductible?

No - you don't pay VAT on an insurance policy, you pay Insurance Premium Tax (IPT) which can't be reclaimed from HMRC. Read our guide to find out more about IPT 


New Vehicle Replacement

Comprehensive Van Insurance policies sold from 1st February 2019 include Vehicle Replacement cover as standard.

If your vehicle is 12 months old or less and you are the first registered keeper and the vehicle:

  • is stolen and unrecovered; or
  • suffers damage which is covered by the policy and the cost of repair is more than 59% of the current UK list price (including VAT)

We will:

  • Replace your vehicle with one of the same make, model and specification

We must gain authorisation from anyone else who has an interest in your vehicle before we can offer this benefit.

If we settle a claim under this section, the lost or damaged vehicle becomes our property.

What is not covered:

  • Any vehicle where the original purchase invoice is not available
  • Any vehicle which was not supplied as new in the UK
  • Any vehicle purchased under a finance or lease agreement where ownership does not pass on to you
  • Vehicles sold as ‘ex demonstrators’ and ‘nearly new’
  • Campervans and Motorhomes

If you do not wish for us to replace your vehicle or a vehicle of the same make, model and specification is not available from stock held in the UK, the most we will pay is the market value at the time of loss (less any excess applicable).

Extra Support



Dealing with the loss of a loved one can be very difficult. As well as the emotional upheaval of coping with a death, you may have financial matters to take care of.

If you’ve just lost a loved one who had, or was named on, an Admiral insurance policy, you can let us know by filling out our online form or alternatively phoning us on .

Authorised callers

In certain situations, such as if you’re not a fluent English speaker, you may need to set up an authorised caller who can deal with your insurance policy for you.

You can choose what access this person has and what they can do on your behalf, and you can cancel it at any time. You must not pay the person for this service and it’ll still be your responsibility to make sure all policy details are up to date and accurate. All policy documents will still be sent to the policy administrator.

Please call us on to set up an authorised caller. An authorised caller can only be added by a current policyholder or policy administrator.

Power of attorney

A power of attorney is a legal document that lets a person (the ‘donor’) appoint one or more others (known as ‘attorneys’) to help them make decisions or to make them on their behalf. You may choose to do this if your health or circumstances change.

When we receive the power of attorney document, we’ll contact the attorney to let them know we’ve received it and the policy has been updated. We’ll also write to the policyholder confirming the attorney can deal with the policy on their behalf.

Please send power of attorney documents with your policy number to Admiral Group, David St, Cardiff CF10 2EH.

Citizens Advice or a solicitor can help set up the power of attorney and make sure you have the documents we need. If you have any further queries about adding a power of attorney to your policy please send us an email or call us on .


Health issues can affect us at any stage of our lives. If you feel you need additional support with your insurance policy due to a health concern, please call us on to see how we can help.

Money worries

Many people face financial worries at some point in their lives. Getting help and advice as soon as possible can help make sure the problem doesn't get any worse.

We're committed to treating our customers fairly when they're struggling, and we'll do our best to help you if you think you might be having financial problems.

For example, if you know your direct debit payment won’t clear, we may be able to change the payment date to suit you better.

For more information on managing debts, visit National Debtline.

Please call us on if you have any concerns.