Boiler Emergency cover is there to help if you suffer from central heating, boiler or hot water failure. If you also want cover for plumbing or electricity failure, you may need Home Emergency cover.
What types of boilers are there?
There are lots of different boilers to choose from, Worcester Bosch group explain the most popular types of boilers available and their benefits . The size, construction and energy efficiency of a boiler will impact your home energy bills.
Choosing the right boiler is dependent on your home, you need to consider the overall size and number of rooms you have. Admiral Boiler Emergency includes cover for a variation of boiler sources:
- Combination boilers
- Conventional boilers
- Solid Fuel
- Electric boilers
- Other forms of primary heating via renewable technologies in your home
Main boiler problems
- Frozen pipes - with temperatures often dipping below freezing in the winter the risk of frozen pipes is very real. This can cause a blockage in your boiler. Do not attempt to thaw it yourself; you should contact a qualified professional
- No heating
- Loss of pressure
How can I look after my boiler?
- Bleed your radiators. This will help release the air and allow your boiler to work more efficiently. Find out how to bleed a radiator
- Service your boiler regularly. Based on claims for Admiral customers in 2015 the average repair costs were £170. Regular services can help maintain a boiler to help it last longer. Which? recommends you have your boiler serviced on an annual basis
- Re-pressurise your boiler following the instruction manual, or you can contact a trained professional to do this for you
Why it’s important to maintain your boiler
Boiler maintenance is essential for efficient energy use and can save you money. If your boiler is maintained, it will also last longer. According to energy saving trust boilers account for 55 per cent of what you spend on energy bills each year, so an efficient working boiler makes a big difference. We enlisted the help of a plumbing expert who gave these five reasons to make sure your boiler is regularly serviced:
- Legal Requirements
- Manufacturers guarantee
If you have any concerns on gas safety, The Gas Safe Register can provide you with some further advice.
If anything does happen, Boiler Emergency cover is there to help. Read here for more details about Admiral Boiler Emergency cover.