Contact us: Gap Insurance

To discuss your existing policy or to make a claim please call us.

Make a Claim

0344 573 8084

(Call fees & opening hours)

Customer Service

0344 573 8084

(Call fees & opening hours)

Extra support?

Frequently Asked Questions

Is my policy still valid even though you have stopped selling GAP Insurance?

Yes, your policy is still valid until the policy expires, you make a claim or cancel the policy. You can make a claim by visiting the portal or calling 0344 573 8084. To talk to customer services call 0344 573 8084.

How do I make a claim?

You can make a claim in the portal or by phone, e-mail or post.

The address is: Car Care Plan Ltd, Jubilee House, 5 Mid Point Business Park, Thornbury, West Yorkshire BD3 7AG.

When will my Gap policy end?

A Gap policy can be anything from between 2 and 4 years long so this depends on which term you chose. You can find out by checking your schedule of cover on the online portal or by calling customer services on 0344 573 8084.

What does 'written off' mean

When a vehicle is so badly damaged it can be deemed as beyond economical repair by an insurer - known as 'written off' or a 'total loss'.

Who is covered with my policy?

Our GAP policies cover the policyholder and all named drivers on your comprehensive motor insurance policy. They must have a UK full or UK provisional licence.

Does GAP insurance cover me if my car is stolen?

Yes, in the unfortunate event your car is stolen and your main insurance provider pays out your GAP policy will provide protection.

I use my car for commercial travel; will it be covered?

We can only cover cars used for social, domestic, pleasure including for commuting between one or more permanent places of work.

I've added some optional extras to my car; will the cost of these be covered if I make a claim?

Yes, if you've bought your car within the last 100 days and paid for manufacturer optional extras, these will be covered. You just need to give us an accurate invoice price including the cost of any optional extras. Modifications are not covered.

If my motor insurer refuses to pay out on my claim, can I still claim on my GAP policy?

To claim on your Admiral Gap Insurance policy, you must have fully comprehensive insurance and the motor insurer must have declared your car a total loss. If your insurer refuses to pay out on your claim, Gap won't pay out.

Extra Support



Dealing with the loss of a loved one can be very difficult. As well as the emotional upheaval of coping with a death, you may have financial matters to take care of.

If you’ve just lost a loved one who had, or was named on, an Admiral insurance policy, you can let us know by filling out our online form or alternatively use our contact us page.

Trusted Contact / Authorised Caller

In certain situations, such as if you’re not a fluent English speaker, you may need to set up an authorised caller who can deal with your insurance policy for you. You can choose what access this person has and what they can do on your behalf, and you can cancel it at any time. You must not pay the person for this service and it’ll still be your responsibility to make sure all policy details are up to date and accurate. All policy documents will still be sent to the policy administrator.

You can contact us to set up an authorised caller. Alternatively you can write to us at Admiral Group, David St, Cardiff CF10 2EH or use the additional support webform to tell us about your needs.

Please note, an authorised caller can only be added by a current policyholder or policy administrator.

Power of attorney

A power of attorney is a legal document that lets a person (the ‘donor’) appoint one or more others (known as ‘attorneys’) to help them make decisions or to make them on their behalf. You may choose to do this if your health or circumstances change.

When we receive the power of attorney document, we’ll contact the attorney to let them know we’ve received it and the policy has been updated. We’ll also write to the policyholder confirming the attorney can deal with the policy on their behalf.

Please send power of attorney documents with your policy number to Admiral Group, David St, Cardiff CF10 2EH.

Citizens Advice or a solicitor can help set up the power of attorney and make sure you have the documents we need. If you have any further queries about adding a power of attorney to your policy please send us an email or contact us.


Health issues can affect us at any stage of our lives. If you feel you need additional support with your insurance policy due to a health concern, please contact us to see how we can help.

Alternatively you can use our additional support webform.

Money worries

If you're struggling with your finances, or the increased cost of living, we’ll do our best to help you. Please contact us to discuss how we can support. You can also contact us using our additional support webform.

You may find it useful to seek independent advice if you're struggling with your finances.

Please contact us if you have any concerns.

Extra Support

Please let us know if you have any support needs or accessibility requirements that we should be aware of when servicing your policy. For example, if you have experienced a significant life event or your personal circumstances mean that you need extra support from Admiral.

You can do this by using our additional support webform.


This insurance is provided by Car Care Plan Limited. Registered Office: Jubilee House, 5 Mid Point Business Park, Thornbury, West Yorkshire, BD3 7AG. Registered in England. Company No: 850195. Car Care Plan Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.