MultiCover Insurance

Three reasons to choose Admiral Car Insurance

Immediate discount

Other cars can join at a later date and get their own MultiCover discount. Just tell us about them  now.

Add friends & family to the policy

Perfect for insuring your kids, parents, housemates, or your partner.

Combine cars from different addresses

Even if family members live away from home, they can still join the MultiCover policy.

Crammed with features and benefits

Our comprehensive policies include great features and benefits as standard.

Windscreen Repair

Policyholders are eligible for the repair and replacement of windscreens (excess applies).

Courtesy Car

Use of a courtesy car whilst your car is being repaired at an Admiral approved garage.

European Cover

Up to 90 days cover in Europe so you can enjoy a driving holiday in France without having to arrange extra cover.

£5,000 Personal Injury Cover

Get £5,000 of personal injury cover for you and your spouse.

Named Driver No Claims Bonus

Any Named Driver could earn themselves an Admiral No Claims Bonus for use with Admiral policies.

Sat-Nav and Personal Belongings Cover

If your personal belongings or effects are damaged or stolen while in your car, we'll pay up to £100 to help you replace them.

24 Hour Emergency Helpline

Comprehensive and third party, fire & theft customers can call if they have an incident and we're liable for the damage.

Bonus Match

Insure a second car with us and, in most cases, we'll match your No Claims Bonus on that vehicle as well.

Stereo Cover

Up to £1,250 or 15% of the value of your car, whichever is the lower.

Your questions answered

Can I get cover immediately?

Yes. Just click on Get a quote for MultiCar Insurance or Single-Car Insurance and once you've completed the process, cover can start immediately. Or you can call for a MultiCar or Single-Car quote.

How can I pay?

You can pay in full by Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Switch/Maestro, Solo or Delta. And for most policies, you can also pay monthly by Direct Debit. Please call our Sales Department to check this is available for your policy.

You'll need to use the same payment method for all of the cars on your MultiCar policy.

Are my details safe over the internet?

We use industry standard Secure Socket Layer (SSL) 128 bit encryption technology to keep your personal information as secure as possible.

Am I insured to drive someone else's car?

You must be aged 25 or over to qualify for the driving other cars policy extension, however this criteria alone does not mean you have this cover.

In some cases you may be covered under your policy to drive someone else's car. The cover is Third Party Only and doesn't apply to any cars you own or lease yourself.

Please check section 5 of your current Certificate of Motor Insurance to see if you have this cover.

If you are an online customer you can view this document by signing in or registering to your account. If you receive your documents in the post then this document would have been sent when taking out, changing or renewing your policy.

How do I make a claim?

Our Make a claim page will show you the right number to call for your Admiral policy. Or you can call our Claims Department and we'll send you a Claim Report Form. We're open Mon - Fri 8am - 9pm, Sat 9am - 5pm, Sun 10am - 4pm.

How do I get my car repaired?

If you need emergency assistance to move a car after an accident, our Roadside Emergency Helpline (0800 600 840) is open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Qualified staff can arrange for your car to be towed to a safe place. They can also pass on a message and book overnight accommodation. However, if you need a tow because of a breakdown, you'll have to pay the recovery charges, unless you're covered by our Breakdown Service. Call our Customer Service Department for details on how to join our Breakdown Service.

What if my car or circumstances change?

Please make sure tell us straight away about any changes to your circumstances, otherwise your policy could be invalid. Just call our Customer Service Department and we'll tell you if you'll get a refund or need to pay more. If you're not sure whether you need to tell us about a change, you should call us and check.

What is a No Claims Bonus?

Every year you drive without making a claim or having a claim upheld against you, you earn an additional year of NCB, which can lead to discounts off your renewal premium. Your No Claims Bonus builds up to a maximum of 15 years. To find out more about no claims bonus click here.

What is an excess?

An excess is the amount you must pay in the event of any claim, regardless of who's to blame for the incident.

The excess will vary depending on the car that is covered, the age and experience of the drivers on your policy and if you have opted to take protected or guaranteed No Claims Bonus protection.

Details of your policy excess can be found on the reverse of your Policy Schedule. If you are an online customer you can find your policy excess on your Policy Schedule by signing in or registering to your online account.

If you receive your documents in the post then this document would have been sent when taking out, changing or renewing your policy.

Am I insured to drive abroad?

Your policy covers you as described in your current Certificate of Motor Insurance for events occurring in: 

  • Great Britain, Northern Ireland, the Isle of Man and Channel Islands 
  • Any other country which is a member of the European Union 
  • Norway, Switzerland, Iceland, Croatia, Andorra and Lichtenstein

The car is also covered while being transported by air, sea or rail between these countries. Your policy automatically includes a International Motor Insurance Certificate (on your current Certificate of Motor Insurance) for a maximum of 30 consecutive days in any one trip, and up to a maximum of 90 days in a year.

The International Motor Insurance Certificate is only valid for the above named countries. You don't need to call us if you are taking your car to any of these countries, but you do need to take your Certificate of Motor Insurance.

If you want to drive in any country not in the list above, please call us and we may be able to issue you with a Green Card, which you'll need to take together with your Certificate of Motor Insurance. Please note, the authorities in these countries will not accept photocopies of Green Cards as evidence of minimum insurance.

If you do need a Green Card, please contact us as soon as possible to allow plenty of time for your Green Card to arrive in the post.

If you need to travel to Andorra please call our Customer Service Department.

How do I submit proof of my No Claims Bonus?

You can send us proof through our secure online form or post it to Ty Admiral, David Street, Cathays, Cardiff, CF10 2EH

show more