SERVICE UPDATE [09/04/2020]

Thank you for your support and patience while we take measures to protect our staff, due to Coronavirus.

We are open for business and here for you. Our call waiting times are currently much longer than usual (approximately 30 mins) so you may prefer to call us only if urgent. We are continuing to prioritise calls for existing customers and new claims, for example, if you’ve been involved in an incident and your car’s undriveable, or your home’s uninhabitable.

For your other options, please see our homepage.



New entry requirements for New Zealand

Anyone planning a trip to New Zealand after October 2019 should check if they need an Electronic Travel Authority.


From 1 October 2019, some visitors to New Zealand will need to have an Electronic Travel Authority (ETA) and pay an International Visitor Conservation and Tourism Levy (IVL).

The ETA will help reduce the time it takes for travellers to clear border security as they’ll already have been assessed before travelling.

The IVL is a way for travellers to give back to the country and help protect the natural environment of New Zealand, as well as contributing to the country’s tourism infrastructure.

Who needs an ETA?

You’ll need an ETA to travel to New Zealand if you’re:

  • Visiting from a visa waiver country
  • A visa waiver country passport holder and you’re travelling through Auckland airport
  • A cruise ship passenger
  • An Australian resident

Visa waiver countries are those whose passport holders don’t need a visa to travel in New Zealand – and the UK is one of these countries.

You won’t need an ETA if you:

  • Know you’ll need to apply for a visa
  • Already have a visa
  • Are a New Zealand citizen travelling on a New Zealand passport or a foreign passport that states you’re a New Zealand citizen
  • Are an Australian citizen travelling on an Australian passport

For more information on all things visa-related, take a look at our guide: What visa do I need when travelling abroad?