Before you take out a loan
Will I be accepted for an Admiral Money loan?
Every loan is assessed on an individual basis, taking into account the amount you want to borrow, your personal and financial circumstances, and credit history. You can find out if you’re eligible for a personal loan and the APR rate that we can offer you by completing a quote today.
Who can apply for an Admiral Money personal loan?
To be eligible for a loan you must:
- Be a permanent resident of England, Wales or Scotland
- Have lived in the UK for at least three years
- Be in employment or retired and have a minimum annual income of £15,000
- Not have had any County Court Judgements (CCJs) in the last three years
- Not have been made bankrupt, had any Debt Relief Orders or gone through Individual Voluntary Arrangements in the last six years
- Own a UK bank account
Can I apply for a joint loan?
We don't currently offer joint loans. However, there are other lenders in the market who may be able to offer a joint loan.
What is APR?
APR stands for Annual Percentage Rate. This is the total charge for the loan including fees and interest expressed as a percentage. The APR you're offered may differ from the representative example displayed, you’ll be able to know the exact APR, personalised to you, once you have completed a soft search quote with us. Read our guide for more about what is APR
What can I take out a loan for?
You could use a loan to:
- Make a big purchase, like a new car
- Make improvements to your home
- Pay for further education
- Consolidate your existing debts into one loan
We don't offer loans to cover daily living expenses such as bills and food. If you're struggling, consider contacting Citizen's Advice or the Money Advice Service.
How long does an Admiral Loan take to come through?
Once you've been approved and signed the agreement, the money will go into your bank account between 12:00 and 17:00 on the third working day.
During your loan application
What 'personal circumstances' affect the loan rate I'm offered?
The APR and interest rate we offer are determined by the personal and financial details you give, along with an independent verification of your credit and repayment history, using information held by credit reference agencies such as Experian, Call credit and Equifax.
How do I find out what my APR will be?
You can find out if you’re eligible for a personal loan and the APR rate that we can offer you by completing a quote today. Your credit file will not be impacted unless you continue to complete a full application, in this case, a hard footprint will be left on your credit file.
Why have I been declined a loan?
All applications are assessed using your personal details and information provided by a Credit Reference Agency. Unfortunately, not every application will meet our business criteria. Below are a few potential reasons we may be unable to offer you car finance:
- Credit rating – your application might have been unsuccessful due to information on your credit file held by credit reference agencies
- Affordability – as a responsible lender, we need to make sure if we're lending money, customers can afford to pay it back; so maybe you haven't met our affordability rules
- Business rules – loan companies use rules known as 'underwriting criteria' based on risk and business strategy to help decide whether to offer a loan; so, you may not have met our underwriting criteria at this time
If you'd like to know what information is held by the credit reference agencies you can contact them directly:
- Post: Equifax Limited, Customer Service Centre PO Box 10036, Leicester, LE3 4FS
- Web address: https://www.equifax.co.uk/Contact-us/Contact_Us_Personal_Solutions.html
- Email: UKDPO@equifax.com
- Phone: 0333 321 4043 or 0800 014 2955
TransUnion International UK Limited
- Post: TransUnion, One Park Lane, Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS3 1EP
- Web address: https://www.transunion.co.uk/consumer/consumer-enquiries
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 0330 024 7574
Existing loan customers
I've already got an Admiral loan, can I take out another Admiral loan?
You could apply for another Admiral loan, as long as you've had your original Admiral loan for more than six months and have a good history of repayment. Until you apply, we can't confirm whether you will be approved for another Admiral loan.
Can I view my account online?
Yes, you can now access your account online. To view or make changes to your agreement simply go here to create an account. We're continuously making improvements to our website so look out for brand new features.
I have an Admiral Money loan – how can I change my payment date?
Sorry but you can't change the payment date within your first month. After the first month, you can change it by contacting us here.
I have an Admiral Money loan – how can I increase or decrease the amount I pay every month?
If you wish to discuss changing your payment amounts, please contact us here.
Can I pay off my loan early?
You can repay the loan in full - or part - at any stage of the lifetime of the loan. When you settle your loan in full, we charge an additional amount equivalent to up to 58 days of interest at the rate of interest specified on your loan contract.
Struggling to make payments
What support can Admiral offer if I’m experiencing financial difficulties?
We want to do the best we can to support you if your circumstances change. There’re a few ways we can help if you’re unable to make your usual monthly payments. Please contact us here.
Where can I obtain free independent advice?
If you require assistance regarding your finances, free independent help and advice can be obtained from the following organisations and charities. You may be able to get face-to-face advice from some of these organisations.
- Money Advice Service - 0800 138 7777 - www.moneyadviceservice.org.uk
- National Debt Line - 0808 808 4000 - www.nationaldebtline.org
- StepChange Debt Charity - 0800 138 1111 - www.stepchange.org
- Citizens Advice - 03444 77 20 20 - www.citizensadvice.org.uk
Alternatively, useful information can also be found on
- The FCA - ‘Dealing with financial difficulties during the coronavirus pandemic’
- The Money Advice Service Money Navigator Tool
- The Money Advice Service Debt Locator Tool
Will any support you offer impact my credit file?
This depends on what support is provided. When determining what support is appropriate, we‘ll advise you of any potential impact to your credit file.