Boiler Emergency cover

Keeping your boiler running

Free 24hr helpline

Expert care when you need it the most

£500 claims cover

Claim twice in a policy term

Stress-free callouts

We'll contact someone who can help

What’s Boiler Emergency cover?

Boiler emergency cover repairs your boiler, hot water or central heating after total failure. It’s included as standard on Gold home insurance

It covers the callout, alternative accommodation and temporary heating after you've had your policy for seven days. You get up to £500 per claim twice in a policy term.

It doesn’t cover general repairs or the damage and permanent repair costs. Your home insurance should cover this.

Differences between Boiler Emergency and Home Emergency cover

Home Emergency cover offers upgraded protection from Boiler Emergency cover, and our Platinum Home Insurance includes it. You can also add it to Admiral and Gold home insurance policies.

Boiler Emergency
(standard on Gold)

Home Emergency
(standard on Platinum)

Boiler and heating system

Alternative accommodation

Temporary heating

24-hour emergency helpline

Up to £500 cover

Claims per year



Included in policy

Admiral Gold Admiral Platinum






Windows, doors and locks


How do I get Boiler Emergency Cover?

It's included as standard in our Gold Home Insurance. Platinum-level customers have the more comprehensive Home Emergency Cover. If you rent, your landlord may have boiler emergency cover.

What boiler emergencies do we cover?

Boiler and heating system

We cover your boiler, heating or hot water system when damage causes a total loss of heating or hot water.

This includes all parts fitted in the boiler by the manufacturer, including the pump, thermostat and primary flue.

Temporary heating

We’ll pay up to £50 for heaters if the engineer can’t fix the boiler on their first visit. You can keep the heaters.

Alternative accommodation

We’ll reimburse up to £250 for alternative accommodation and transport if your home is uninhabitable because of boiler failure.

What isn’t covered?

While we aim to help you fix any boiler emergency, here are some of our general exclusions:

Shared boilers or heating systems

We can’t cover shared boilers or heating systems, such as those shared between properties.

Outdoor boilers

We only cover outdoor boilers if they’re your home’s primary heating source.

Replacement radiators, underfloor heating and heat pumps

Boiler Emergency cover doesn’t include replacement radiators, underfloor heating or heat pumps.

Damage caused by negligence

We don’t cover damage caused by negligence.

Emergencies reported after 48 hours of discovery

We need to know about boiler emergencies within 48 hours.

This isn’t an exhaustive list – read more about our Home Emergency and Boiler Emergency cover in our policy books.

How to make a claim

If you have a boiler emergency and want to make a claim, please visit our make a claim page for our contact details. 

Alternatively, it's quick and convenient to register your claim online. Simply log into MyAccount and click the link in the 'Emergency Assistance' section.

If you think you have a gas leak, call the National Gas Emergency Service on 0800 111 999.

Your questions answered

What’s the difference between Boiler Emergency cover and Home Emergency cover?

Boiler Emergency cover pays up to £500 for any heating or boiler emergency. You won't pay any excess and can make two claims every policy term. Home Emergency cover has everything that Boiler Emergency cover includes plus extra cover for plumbing, drainage and a range of potential home disasters with no excess and unlimited claims.

If I make a boiler or home emergency claim, will this affect my premium?

No, boiler and home emergency claims don’t affect your premium.

My boiler is beyond economic repair, will you make a contribution to its replacement?

Boiler and Home Emergency provide temporary repairs only - we won't cover replacing your boiler or any contribution towards replacing it.

What happens if the cost of a repair is more than £500?

You’ll need to pay any amount over £500.

Can I contact my own tradesperson?

Only if we’ve agreed to it beforehand.

Do you need help with a boiler emergency?