Motorbike Insurance

Provided by Vast Visibility Limited.

Compare prices from some of the UK's top insurers

We've teamed up with the UK's only dedicated motorbike insurance comparison site, to search over 30 brokers and bring you great cover and value.

Motorbike Insurance comparison

Just like car insurance, motorcycle insurance is a legal requirement in the UK.

Save time and money

Don’t waste time searching insurance websites. Admiral Motorbike Insurance's comparison service does the legwork for you.

Choose your cover

Choose from three levels of cover:

  1. Comprehensive
  2. Third Party Fire and Theft
  3. Third Party Only Motorbike Insurance

You can choose the level of protection and price that suits you best.

Getting you covered, fast

It's easy to get started with Admiral Motorbike Insurance as it compares bike insurance from over 30 of the UK's main brokers, including the AA, ebike, Bennetts, Saga and many more.

You can find quotes for scooters and quad bikes, sports bikes and classics as well as standard road bikes.

Your questions answered

Insurance can be confusing, so we've answered some frequently asked questions motorbike owners and future motorbike owners have.

Can I carry passengers on my motorbike?

Check the terms and conditions of your motorbike insurance to see if pillion cover is included or check with the advisor if buying your cover over the phone.

If you're covered by your policy, you'll only be able to carry one passenger, who will need to sit facing forward, with both feet on the footrests.

Provisional licence holders can't carry passengers.

Can I use No Claims Bonus from a car policy?

Some insurance companies will let you move your No Claims Bonus from your car insurance policy, but most won't.

When you're getting your online quote, look at the worst-case option ‑ without the No Claims Bonus ‑ first, to avoid disappointment. Once you find a price you're happy with, give the insurance company a call to find out their No Claims Bonus transfer policy.

What is CBT?

CBT stands for Compulsory Basic Training and you must complete the training before riding on the road. You'll need to pass your full motorcycle test within two years, or you'll need to complete your CBT again – as with a provisional driving licence.

You can book CBT through an approved training body (ATB), which are found all over the UK.

What kind of bike can I ride?

Your motorbike licence entitles you to ride certain categories of motorcycles, depending on your age, experience and the power of the bike.

There are four licence categories:

  • AM: lets you ride a moped from the age of 16
  • A1: lets you ride a 125cc motorbike with a power output of 11kW or lower and tricycles with a power output 15kW or lower from the age of 17.
  • A2: lets you ride a motorbike with a power output of 35kW or lower from the age of 19.
  • A: lets you ride unrestricted motorcycles with a power output over 35kW from the age of 24 under direct access or 21 under progressive access. You can also ride tricycles with a power output over 15kW from the age of 21.

Admiral Motorbike Insurance can cover you no matter what type of motorcycle licence you hold.

Check GOV.UK for the full breakdown of restrictions.

Vast Visibility Limited

Admiral Motorbike Insurance is arranged and administered by Vast Visibility Limited (8 Princes Parade, Princes Dock, Liverpool L3 1DL.) - FCA registration number 566973, who are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.