Home Insurance

Protect your happy place from as little as £127 a year

10% of Admiral-level Instaquote customers paid £126.06 or less (Jan - Jun '23)

Three cover levels

Take control by choosing the right level of cover for you and your family

Flexible add-on options

Personalise your cover with our optional extras to suit your needs

5-star rated cover

Moneyfacts' has awarded our Platinum cover with their highest rating

What’s home insurance?

Home insurance (or house insurance cover) financially protects your home. It can help you and your family if you experience events like theft, fire and floods.

Home insurance has two parts:

Buildings insurance covers the bricks and mortar, contents insurance covers your belongings. You can combine both.

Compare our cover levels


Admiral Gold


Unlimited buildings cover

Contents cover

£75K £100K £150K

Alternative accommodation (Contents)

£10K £15K £25K

Alternative accommodation (Buildings)

£30K £75K £100K

24-hour helpline

Home emergency cover

Optional Optional

Boiler emergency cover

Trace and access

£5K £10K

Family legal protection

Optional Optional

Contents accidental damage cover

Optional Optional

Bicycle Cover (up to £350)

Buildings accidental damage cover

Optional Optional

Which home insurance type is right for me?

Combined home insurance

Combined home insurance, often called home insurance, includes both buildings and contents cover on one policy. It's usually cheaper than buying buildings and contents separately.


Buildings insurance covers the repair costs for damage to a home's structure and fittings. It also protects garages, outbuildings and anything else that's permanently fixed. It's designed to cover against damage caused by natural and manmade disasters. It's good for freeholders and is usually the bare minimum cover.


Contents insurance protects the belongings inside your home from theft, vandalism, fire and water damage. It’s usually the right option if you live in a flat or are a leaseholder.