Call for a quote
Calls to 03 numbers will cost no more than calls to national geographic numbers (starting 01 or 02) from both mobiles and landlines.
Existing Admiral car insurance customers can get up to 10% off by quoting 'EXMOH'
Mon - Fri 8am - 10pm
Sat 9am - 5pm
Sun 10am - 4pm
What is Host Insurance?
Host insurance gives you peace of mind as it can cover your home if it's damaged by one of your paying guests.
If you're one of the millions of people worldwide renting out your property on home sharing sites, you'll know how important having the right insurance in place really is.
Not all home insurance policies provide cover for renting your property on these sites; in fact for some it may invalidate your insurance, which is why Admiral now offers host insurance.
Airbnb is leading the way as the go-to place to book short-term accommodation, with sites like Wimdu, Onefinestay, and Homestay providing alternative options.
Though the number of people advertising their homes on these sites is on the rise there's still some confusion over how it affects your home insurance.
At Admiral we know having to shop around for multiple types of insurance is a pain, which is why we now give homeowners the chance to include host insurance on their new policies.
What to expect from Admiral Host Insurance
The cover can be added to your chosen home insurance policy, with buildings, contents, accidental damage and home emergency cover offered depending on the level chosen.
Here are the key points you need to know:
- Cover for homeowners who advertise their main residence on Airbnb, Wimdu, Onefinestay and Homestay. Admiral Host Insurance can't be used by those who live in rental properties
- If you need to make a claim you can just call us and we'll sort out the rest - you won't have to try and resolve the issue directly with your guests
- The maximum number of paying guests staying in your home at any one time cannot be more than double the number of bedrooms. For example, no more than four paying guests in a two bedroom property
- You don't need to tell us every time you rent out the property and it can be occupied by paying guests for a maximum of 90 days throughout the policy term
- Host Insurance can be added to any of the three tiers of cover
- The most we will pay for loss or damage to your listed high risk items caused by theft, vandalism, malicious acts or accidental damage is £5,000 unless they are kept in a locked safe or removed from the home.
Do I need specific cover to use a home share site?
Your standard home insurance policy may not offer you all the cover you need. You can add Host Insurance to any of Admiral's Home Insurance policies.
Some home sharing platforms do offer cover when your property is listed with them. The cover varies by provider and may not cover everything your normal home insurance policy does, so make sure you check the details of their cover carefully.
Here are three things you may want cover for:
Buildings and contents insurance
If you're planning on advertising your home on a home sharing site you need to make sure your buildings and contents are covered, with Admiral Home Insurance you can choose cover for either buildings or contents insurance - many choose cover for both.
Accidental Damage cover
Accidents happen, we all know that. Not having the right cover in place if something you love gets damaged would be very annoying and could leave you out of pocket which, is why you may want to consider Accidental Damage cover to protect your treasured items from any mishaps.
Accidental Damage cover comes as standard on our Platinum policies and can be added as an optional extra on our Admiral and Gold levels of cover.
Home Emergency cover
Home Emergency cover comes as standard with Admiral’s Platinum Home Insurance. Offering up to £500 for a tradesperson to temporary repair on emergency to your central heating, hot water and plumbing. There are unlimited callouts and claims can only be made 14 days after the policy start date.