Getting a house insurance quote can be time-consuming with lots of questions to answer before you get a price.
It’s one of those life admin chores you know you’ll need to get around to doing, but really don’t want to spend ages doing it.
And even if you have the time to go through all the questions to get a quote, sometimes you just don’t know the answers.
Do you know what kind of lock is on your front door, for example? Or when exactly your home was built?
Don’t worry, you’re not alone. Most of us don’t know these details, which is why our Home Insurance team has created InstaQuote – a quick insurance quote process with just four questions!
How does it work?
You’ll answer four questions:
- The type of cover you want (buildings, contents or both)
- Your address
- Your full name
- Your date of birth
Then you’ll see a price and some assumptions. These are based on industry data and help us fill in the blanks.
The assumptions are that the property:
- Hasn’t been flooded in the last 25 years (including the land it stands on)
- Hasn’t suffered from subsidence, heave or landslip in the last 25 years
- Has walls built of brick, stone, concrete or brick with timber
- Has a roof made of tile, slate, concrete or asphalt
- Isn’t used for business, other than clerical work
- Isn’t a Grade 1 or 2* listed building
- Isn’t undergoing any building work
- Is your permanent residence
You also agree that nobody living in the property has any unspent or pending criminal convictions.
If you don’t agree to these assumptions, you may need to call us to get your quote.
If you do agree, you’ll need to confirm a few additional details, such as your voluntary excess and the date you need the cover to start. Then you’ll be able to pay for your insurance.
That’s it – an accurate and quick insurance quote in just a few minutes. And you can get back to making the most of your spare time!