If you're in the market for a secondhand car, look no further - the fastest selling used cars have been revealed and we tell you how much it would cost to insure them
A used car is often the most affordable option for many car buyers, but how do you know which one to go for?
How about looking at the fastest selling used cars? If they're getting snapped up quickly they certainly have some appealing prospects for used car buyers.
Automotive data experts cap hpi have today revealed the fastest selling used cars based on the latest market sales data, and we decided to take a look at how much each of these cars costs to insure.
Broken down by type of vehicle, here are the fastest selling second hand cars and the average insurance premiums for Admiral customers aged 26 and over (policies sold between January and June 2016).
- City car - Fiat 500 hatchback - £329.26 average premium
- Convertible - BMW 3 Series Convertible - £483.31
- Coupe cabriolet - 207 Coupe Cabriolet - £319.57
- Electric - Vauxhall Ampera - £381.91
- Executive - Audi A5 Coupe/Diesel Coupe - £511.13
- Large executive - Jaguar XJ Diesel - £404.05
- Lower Medium - Mitsubishi Carisma - £529.17
- Luxury Executive - Bentley Continental GT - £627.18
- MPV - Mercedes Viano Diesel - £639.66
- Sports - Audi TT - £409.55
- Supercar - Lamborghini Murcielago Coupe - £805.60
- Supermini - Ford Fiesta - £415.46
- SUVS -VW Tiguan (08-11) - £325.91
- Upper medium -BMW 3 Series Coupe- £607.94
Philip Nothard, consumer and retail specialist at cap hpi, said: “Looking at the data from the number of used cars advertised in the UK we are able to identify the best-selling makes and models and how quickly they are being snapped up.
“The key positive for the used market to take from this is that there is strong appetite for used vehicles, particularly convertibles, executives, lower medium cars, MPVs, Superminis and SUVs, with an average selling period of just two days.”
Read Admiral's guide on buying a car for everything you need to consider around budgeting, running costs and how to deal with the car seller. Find out how Admiral Loans can help you with your next car purchase.