Stay safe next time you take a dip in the sea with our five quick tips.
We love a beach holiday in the UK. Whether you're jetting off abroad or heading to the coast for a stay-cation, it's important to stay safe when you're swimming in the sea.
Follow our five quick tips to make sure you swim in safety.
- Read and follow the instructions on any beach safety signs.
- Don’t get caught out by bad weather – check the forecast.
- Don’t swim after drinking alcohol or taking drugs.
- Make sure a friend or family member knows where you are.
- Swim across a rip current rather than against it. Only swim back to shore when you can no longer feel the current.